Posted 14 August 2017
While shopping for new windows for your Bolingbrook home, there’s a good chance you’ve heard talk about vinyl windows and their many benefits. That’s because vinyl windows have risen to become one of the of most widely-purchased window materials in the country, despite being one of the youngest on the market. Still, this doesn’t mean vinyl windows are the right choice for everyone. The best material will always be the one that best suits your individual needs as a homeowner. So to help you determine whether or not vinyl windows will do the job for your home, we’ve put together a short cheat sheet on the popular materials.
• It isn’t luck that vinyl windows are one of the most affordable materials on the market. The material launched in the early 1970s with the intention to introduce a more cost-effective option in a pricier market. The material continues to fulfill its economical promise to this day.
• When vinyl windows were first launched, it was rare to find them in a color other than cream or white. However thanks to their rapid rise in demand, many manufacturers are now producing vinyl windows in a number of styles and colors.
• One of the main components of vinyl windows is a material called PVC. If the name sounds familiar to you it’s probably because PVC is commonly found in household pipes.
• Vinyl windows come standard with double or triple pane windows. Not only does this add on to the insulating capabilities of your home, but it also means less exterior noise and a decreased chance of a break-in occurring.
• Vinyl windows are remarkably low maintenance. While other window materials on the market, like wood, require homeowners to peel, sand, paint and stain their windows annually, vinyl windows only require the occasional cleaning with soap and water to continue looking like new.
• Recent real estate reports have shown that homes with vinyl windows installed sell at a higher rate than those without. In fact, homeowners with vinyl windows can expect up to an 80% return on the original cost of their windows once their home has sold.
• Vinyl windows can also help you save in a number of areas including repair costs, maintenance services, and future replacement costs.
• Vinyl windows can help protect your furniture and fabrics by blocking out harmful UV rays that cause discoloration over time.
As you can see, vinyl window benefits have a wide reach and can be a valuable option for most households. If you think your home could benefit from having vinyl windows Bolingbrook, IL installed, then we invite you to call or stop by Dilworth Windows and Doors Inc. to speak with one of our qualified window experts. Not only will our experts answer any questions you may have regarding vinyl windows, but they’ll also provide you with a free, no pressure, highly informative quote. To request your free quote today give us a call at (630)960-4300 or stop by our showroom located at 223 N Cass Ave Westmont, IL 60559.