Posted 20 April 2016
With the advent of spring, it’s time to make repairs and upgrades to your home to keep it operating efficiently and effectively. With your seasonal window inspection, you may find that you need replacement windows in Naperville to perform better this summer and during the colder winter. With so many choices, it can be overwhelming to decide which options meet your needs. Here are some tips to help you find the right windows.
1. Increase the way your home processes sunlight by using the solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) measure to get the right windows. South-facing windows with a higher SHGC-rating maximizes the heat gain in the winter.
2. North facing windows should have a lower SHGC rating to reduce heat loss in the winter.
3. Shaded windows can help prevent heat loss and keep a home cooler, whichever side of the home they are on. Take care of the trees by keeping the branches trimmed back to prevent damage to the roof and structure.
4. Low-e window glazing is another technology to control heat gain and loss.
5. Windows older than 15 years often benefit the most from an update. You may not be thinking about selling your home, but new windows are a recoverable expense should you need to put your house on the market. You will also protect the valuation of your home by keeping it updated.
6. There are numerous types of coatings and tints to help reduce glare, increase comfort, and protect your belongings. Ask us about your concerns with your home.
Manufacturers are constantly looking to make better products for replacement windows in Naperville. Take advantage of this technology by talking to the professionals with Dilworth Windows & Doors Inc. We want your home to be comfortable all year long and to help you keep more money in your pocketbook instead of sending it to the utility company. Consider making the change to better windows today.